Thursday, September 9, 2010

i love my students!

Thursdays are by far my worst days at school. I have more classes to teach, and I've also got the craziest, loudest girls in my last class period. I'm glad that these girls aren't shy. These two girls always come to my office during breaks to hang out with me and just talk. They are hilarious, and we're really friendly but because of this, I think they can't calm down in class. None of my girls are ever rude, but they just get really hyper and chatty with me in class rather than with each other. They make it a little difficult for me to get through the lesson. On another note, I've also realized how bored I am after teaching the same lesson 16 times. Oh my god. I must take this into account for next week's lesson!

By sixth period today, I couldn't keep my eyes open because I was so exhausted. I just wanted school to end so I could go home and nap until one of my sweet students came to my office and gave me this letter. I also got a pink heart post-it from "Angela," one of my favorite students. I know I shouldn't pick favorites but some of them are just so cute and lovable...how can I not? :)

The pink post-it says " To: Teacher!! H~~i teacher, I'm Angela. I love you >< Oh! You love me too? ^^ Okay~ I know ㅋㅋ That's our secret. Bye! Love, Angela" Aw. FYI, "ㅋㅋ" in Korean is similar to "hehe" in English.

This is another student of mine who even drew a picture of me on her little note. In this note, she tells me that she's going to write me every Tuesday (She has class with me on Tuesdays). She says "Dear Miss Esther! Hi, teacher. How are you? (I'M FINE THANK YOU AND YOU?) HAHA" - She's laughing because I'm always trying to get these girls to break their habit of saying the same old thing every time I ask them "How are you?" Hye-yeon a.k.a. Haylie (my student) tells me "I want to be your energy so you won't be able to feel lonely about your Korea life (?). It will be written once a week and with just few words on little paper. You might think that it's nothing but I hope this can be the happiness part of your life (during you're time in Korea)." What a sweetheart!

This is super random and has nothing to do with anything I mentioned above. It just amused me so I thought I'd share. My host sister really loves President Obama. Last weekend, she showed me this thick comic book she has of Obama. It's a huge comic that illustrates his entire life up until his presidency. The illustrations made me laugh, and the fact that my sister even owned this cracked me up. "오바마 이야기" literally translates to "Obama Story."


I know. I posted two days in a row. SHOCKER.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! i don't think i can keep up with all this reading...

    ReplyDelete